May 21, 2023 2 min read
Do you want to build core strength and get those washboard abs? You may already know that diet and regular cardio are important aspects of getting the body you want. However, it is also important to incorporate ab exercises into your fitness routine. Core strength and stability are essential for overall physical health and can improve balance, posture, and coordination. There are dozens of ab exercises available, but today we will focus on the top 5.Shop The Collection: Core & Ab Trainers
1. Crunches – Crunches are a classic abdominal exercise that target the upper and lower abs. Lie flat on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Place your hands behind your head or across your chest and curl up, lifting your shoulder blades off the ground. Hold this position for 1-2 seconds and then slowly lower back down. Repeat 10-12 times for 1-3 sets.Shop The Gear: Concorde Double Ab Wheel, $18.99 USD
2. Bicycle Crunches – This exercise combines traditional crunches with an added twist. Start in the same position as you do for crunches, but lift both feet off the ground and bend your legs at a 90 degree angle. Now twist your torso and bring your right elbow toward your left knee while extending your right leg out. Switch sides and repeat 10-15 times for 1-3 sets.
3. Plank – The plank is one of the best exercises to strengthen your core. Start by lying face down on the floor, propping yourself up on your forearms. Lift your entire body off the ground so you form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles. Engage your core and hold this pose for 30-60 seconds. Rest for 15-30 seconds and repeat 2-4 times.
4. Russian Twists – Russian twists are a great exercise for strengthening your obliques. Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your feet hovering above the ground. Lean back slightly and hold your arms out in front of you so they’re parallel to the ground. Twist your torso to the right and then to the left, making sure to keep your arms straight. Repeat 20-30 times for 1-3 sets.
5. Leg Raises – Leg raises are a great way to target your lower abs. Lie flat on your back with your legs extended straight up in the air. Place your hands under your buttocks for support and slowly lower your legs until they are just above the ground. Pause for 1 second and then raise your legs back up. Repeat 10-20 times for 1-3 sets.
These top 5 ab exercises are great for building core strength and stability. Incorporate them into your regular fitness routine to get the results you want. Diet and regular cardio are still important factors in achieving your fitness goals, but these exercises can help take your fitness to the next level.